- This event has passed.
Virtual Emerging Leaders Academy
April 10, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Virtual Emerging Leaders Academy is a one-day intensive leadership event for emerging leaders who are ready to rise to the next step in their leadership journey. This event provides Collegiate Active emerging leaders the skills and confidence needed to tackle future leadership responsibilities, lead fearlessly, and Rise Above challenges they never dreamed possible.
Emerging Leaders Academy is designed to provide an interactive learning experience. Participants will experience a series of workshops with a focus on personal leadership development and how our Fraternity values and ritual are reflected in everything we do.
Chapters and colonies should encourage emerging leaders (freshmen and sophomores who do not yet have leadership positions in the chapter) to attend this event.
Date: Saturday, April 10th, 2021
Start Time: 9:00am Pacific (12:00pm Eastern)
End time: 2:00pm Pacific (5:00pm Eastern)
This is a full-day event with built-in breaks and will be hosted via Zoom.
CLICK HERE to view the event schedule.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT TERMS
By registering for this event, you hereby acknowledge that you have read all of the following terms and conditions and agree to them:
By completing this registration, you certify you are either 1) registering yourself for the event or 2) completing registrations for fellow chapter members on their behalf and are liable by doing so. During registration, it is the responsibility of the person registering to keep track of who he registers.
COSTS & DEADLINES
All collegian members who consider themselves emerging leaders are welcome to attend the Virtual Emerging Leaders Academy. Registration is FREE for all attendees and available through your MySAE account. Registration ends Sunday, April 4 at 11:55 pm Pacific.
CANCELLATIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS
Anyone needing to cancel their registration must log in to their MySAE Account and submit a change request. If you need to cancel your registration we ask that you please try to complete this by April 4 at 11:55 p.m. Pacific.
The SAE Emerging Leaders Academy will be hosted via Zoom. Upon completion of your registration, you will receive a confirmation email. A few days before the program you will also receive a participant guide via email with instructions to join the Zoom meeting. A Zoom account is not required; however, you are welcome to create one if you prefer.
Attendance for the entire program — from start to finish — is required for successful graduation. Departing early from the program, for any reason, may result in failure to graduate.
CODE OF CONDUCT
As an attendee of our program, you will be asked to agree to the following terms, which help designate us as true gentlemen and leaders:
- I do hereby agree to adhere to the following Code of Conduct while I am an attendee of the Emerging Leaders Academy. My conduct will at all times be a reflection of “The True Gentleman.”
- I will not violate the laws of the land, the regulations of my university/college or the Fraternity Laws and health-and-safety policies of Sigma Alpha Epsilon. If I fail in any way to follow this Code of Conduct, I fully understand that the Eminent Supreme Recorder or his designee has the right to remove me from the program immediately. I also understand that if this occurs, my membership in Sigma Alpha Epsilon may be terminated.
- As a gentleman, I understand that some t-shirt slogans or pictures can be vulgar or tasteless. I will refrain from wearing such a shirt while a part of the Emerging Leaders Academy. If I have a question as to my shirt’s acceptability, I will ask a staff or faculty member for guidance. I realize that this type of dress reflects on the image of Sigma Alpha Epsilon.
- Likewise, I agree to use my actual first and last name when logging into the virtual platform for the program. I understand that using inappropriate or vulgar nicknames or slogans for my online ID is unprofessional and may be offensive to other attendees, FSC Staff and Facilitators.
- I further agree that I shall continue to abide by the Scope of Association, which I signed upon claiming my sae.net account. I understand that my poor attendance at general sessions, seminars, or meetings or my conduct may warrant my failing the Emerging Leaders Academy and not being awarded a diploma.
- I understand and acknowledge that attendance at the entire program — from start to finish — is required for successful graduation. Departing early from the program, for any reason, may result in my failure to graduate from the program.
- Additionally, I understand that if my actions cause injury to someone or something, I will indemnify and hold Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity and Foundation harmless from any claims arising from my actions.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Educational Programs Department, at email@example.com.