Job Posting: Eminent Supreme Recorder
Update: The application window for Sigma Alpha Epsilon’s CEO/Eminent Supreme Recorder is closed. The Supreme Council is reviewing finalists and hopes to announce its selection in the upcoming weeks.
Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity is the world’s largest collegiate fraternity by membership size and presently operates on 225 university campuses in the United States and Canada. We serve our 11,000 undergraduate members and 230,000 living alumni from our headquarters in Evanston, Illinois, through a paid staff of 30 and an annual operating budget of over $7.3 million. Our nearly 2,000 active alumni volunteers serve in critical roles to support our Fraternity’s Mission, which is advancing the highest standards of friendship, scholarship, leadership, and service for our members throughout life. Our Creed, “The True Gentleman”, is an essential component of who we are, and is reflected in our Vision: True Gentlemen making our global community better.
Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity presently seeks a Chief Executive Officer (CEO), also known as our Eminent Supreme Recorder, for this full-time position based in Evanston, Illinois. In addition to being a member of our Fraternity, our next CEO must have a passion for our Mission and values as well as the skills required to inspire others in the same. He will have demonstrated success as a senior executive with a mission-focused organization such as ours, and a proven track record for successfully executing on strategic plans developed in collaboration with a board of directors (our Supreme Council). Moreover, he will have experience in recruiting, developing and leading a staff to execute on those strategic plans. As our CEO also serves as the lead ambassador with many different constituents and stakeholders, the successful candidate must also possess great communication skills, through both written words and public speaking.
- Serves as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity, reporting to the Supreme Council
- Implements the Fraternity’s strategic direction in collaboration with the Supreme Council
- Recruits, develops, motivates and leads staff to advance the Fraternity’s Mission and strategic plan
- Fosters a high performing, goal-oriented managerial team and engrains a customer service culture
- Builds trust relations with key partners, stakeholders, and donors, and supports the mission of the SAE Foundation and SAE Financial and Housing Corporation
- Serves as the primary spokesman for the Fraternity in all mediums
- Maintains keen awareness of the Fraternity’s industry and markets
- Consistently strives to enhance organizational value for our members, including program evaluation and elevation
- Promotes a success-oriented, accountable and ethical culture among employees and volunteers
- Oversees our insurance program and promotes member health and safety policies
- Works closely with the CFO to prepare and present annual budgets to the Supreme Council to enhance the overall financial health of the organization
- Facilitates the duties of the Supreme Council and regularly seeks its advice and counsel
- Performs the tasks as further assigned by the Supreme Council and prescribed by Fraternity Laws
- Member in good standing of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity
- Undergraduate degree; graduate-level degree in related field preferred
- Significant executive-level management and leadership experience
- Excels in recruiting and retaining talent and managing a team to perform at peak level
- Experience working with a board of directors and facilitating their corporate duties
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully develop, plan and implement short and long-term goals consistent with an organization’s mission and strategic vision
- Self-motivated, results-oriented and well organized; excels in delegating tasks and meeting deadlines
- Experience with managing and successfully meeting corporate budgets
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents
- Excels at public speaking and writing for different audiences
- Proficient in marketing an organization and its services to others; fundraising experience preferred
- Experience as a professional or volunteer in Greek life and/or with higher education
- A person of strong ethical character, respectful of persons of diverse backgrounds and beliefs
- Willingness to travel frequently and on overnight trips, including by airline and automobile
Selected candidates will be subject to a drug test and criminal and financial background check as a condition of employment.
Evanston, Illinois (north Chicago suburb)
- Closing date for applications: April 6, 2020 (11:30 p.m. central time)
- Selection of finalists to interview: TBD
- Semi-finalists interviews with the Council: TBD
- Finalists interviews: TBD
- Selection of new Eminent Supreme Recorder: April, 2020
- Start date: TBD
Apply To: www.macnjake.com
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C.
11725 Arbor St., Suite 220
Omaha, NE 68144
Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and, when needed, will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Anyone requesting a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruitment process please contact McPherson & Jacobson at the address/phone/email above.