- This event has passed.
84th National Leadership School
August 8 - August 11
Leadership School provides a big picture look at fraternity leadership and a deeper dive into what it means to serve the Fraternity and our global community. It is an immersive learning experience in which collegiate brothers will focus on building the skills needed to serve in any leadership role. The 4-day event brings participants through the full cycle of membership, from a newly initiated member to an active volunteer.
At Leadership School, you can expect to enjoy Chicago, while building brotherhood and leadership skills. Your three nights in the hotel and eight meals are included in your registration cost, as well as an event t-shirt and all program materials. We will also spend a day at the Levere Memorial Temple and an evening at a Chicago Cubs game.
Leadership School will build leadership competencies needed to lead within the Fraternity, your community, and professional roles.
By attending Leadership School, members will:
- Develop leadership skills needed to be successful in any collegiate officer role.
- Gain knowledge of leadership, recruitment, and Ritual activities to bring back to your chapter.
- Learn about alumni involvement opportunities.
- Build relationships with collegiate and alumni brothers from across the Realm.
Attendance is encouraged for all collegiate active members. There is no requirement to hold a specific position or be a particular year in school.
Start Date: Monday, August 8, 2022, at 2:00 PM Central Time
End Date: Thursday, August 11, 2022, by 11:00 AM Central Time
Click HERE for a tentative schedule.
Registration covers all event activities, meals, and lodging. Travel to and from the event is not included. The cost of registration for Leadership School will be as follows:
$599 (Regular registration, Feb. 23 – May 31, 2022)
$649 (Late registration, June 1 – July 10, 2022)
Registration for attendees is available through your MySAE account. Registration will close Sunday, July 10, 2022, at 11:55 PM. Pacific.
CANCELLATIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS
Anyone needing to cancel or substitute their registration must log in to their MySAE Account and submit a change request. All cancellations and substitutions must be submitted by Sunday, July 10, 2022, at 11:55 PM Pacific.
Arriving in Chicago – Program check-in will begin at 12:00 PM on Monday, August 8th. The Opening Session will begin at 2:00 PM. Please plan to arrive by 1:00 PM to check-in, receive your materials, and start the program.
Flying – If you are flying to Chicago, the closest airport is Chicago O’Hare (ORD). Our hotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle service to and from the O’Hare airport and can also be easily accessed from O’Hare via the Blue Line train.
Departing Chicago – The program will conclude Thursday morning at 11:00 AM. To graduate you must be in attendance for all parts of the program. It is advised that you book your flight at 1:00 PM or later on Thursday afternoon. If you are driving you may depart immediately following the final session.
A limited number of scholarships will be awarded to attendees. Scholarships will cover registration costs only (if selected you would still be responsible for travel costs). All scholarship applications will be due by April 20, 2022, at 11:55 PM Pacific Time. Apply here.
Chapter Education Funds (CEFs) may be used to cover the cost of registration. Please contact your Fund Administrator or Alison Lai (email@example.com), Donor Services Coordinator at the SAE Foundation, for directions.
By registering for this event, you hereby acknowledge that you have read all of the following terms and conditions and agree to them:
By completing this registration, you certify you are either 1) registering yourself for the event or 2) completing registrations for fellow chapter members on their behalf and are liable by doing so. During registration, it is the responsibility of the person registering to keep track of who he registers.
Attendance for the entire program — from start to finish — is required for successful graduation. Departing early from the program, for any reason, may result in failure to graduate.
Dress for Leadership School varies throughout the week. Badge/pin attire (coat and tie) will be required on the first day. You will also need one business casual outfit (polo and khakis) for the graduation banquet. The rest of the week will be casual (t-shirt and shorts are acceptable).
CODE OF CONDUCT
As an attendee of our program, you will be asked to agree to the following terms, which help designate us as true gentlemen and leaders:
- I do hereby agree to adhere to the following Code of Conduct while I am an attendee of Leadership School. My conduct will at all times be a reflection of “The True Gentleman.”
- I will not violate the laws of the land, the regulations of my university/college, or the Fraternity Laws and health-and-safety policies of Sigma Alpha Epsilon. If I fail in any way to follow this Code of Conduct, I fully understand that the Eminent Supreme Recorder or his designee has the right to remove me from the program immediately. I also understand that if this occurs, my membership in Sigma Alpha Epsilon may be terminated.
- As a gentleman, I understand that some t-shirt slogans or pictures can be vulgar or tasteless. I will refrain from wearing such a shirt while a part of Leadership School. If I have a question as to my shirt’s acceptability, I will ask a staff or faculty member for guidance. I realize that this type of dress reflects on the image of Sigma Alpha Epsilon.
- I further agree that I shall continue to abide by the Scope of Association, which I signed upon claiming my sae.net account. I understand that my poor attendance at general sessions, seminars, or meetings or my conduct may warrant my failing Leadership School and not being awarded a diploma.
- I understand and acknowledge that attendance at the entire program — from start to finish — is required for successful graduation. Departing early from the program, for any reason, may result in my failure to graduate from the program.
- Additionally, I understand that if my actions cause injury to someone or something, I will indemnify and hold Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity and Foundation harmless from any claims arising from my actions.
Please review the information above for full details on the program before registering. If you have any additional questions, please get in touch with the Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.