This is a copy of the Terms and Conditions/Scope of Association - to sign the Scope of Association, you will need to create a Members Only account by clicking the Members Only button above and selecting the link 'Create a SAE.net account/Sign Scope of Association'.
This document is signed electronically when a Members Only account is created. You can view your signed copy of the Scope of Association by logging into your Members Only account and clicking Scope of Association
By registering for an account on SAE.net, you agree to these Terms and Conditions/Scope of Association as well the Risk Management Policies and Fraternity Laws
AGREEMENT DEFINING MEMBER’S ASSOCIATION WITH SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON FRATERNITY
The mission statement of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity (“SAE”) is to promote the highest standards of friendship, scholarship and service for our members based upon the ideals set forth by our Founders as specifically enumerated in our creed, the True Gentleman. The undersigned member recognizes his membership with SAE is at all times voluntary and consensual. In consideration of being provided benefits commensurate with his status as a member of SAE, the member agrees to explicitly define the scope of his association with SAE as follows:
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT, the member understands and agrees.
1. Financial Responsibility. The member is personally responsible for and promises to pay all debts incurred arising from his association with SAE including but not limited to Fraternity dues, Risk Management Fees, province dues, local dues and/or housing association fees. The member hereby agrees to pay all costs such as reasonable attorney’s fees, whether suit is filed or not, if legal counsel is employed to collect any unpaid debt arising from his association with SAE.
2. Personal Conduct. The conduct and/or activities specifically enumerated below, regardless of the time, place and/or manner in which they occur, fall outside the scope of the member’s responsibilities, duties and association with SAE. Should the member engage in the conduct and/or activities specifically enumerated below, the member understands and agrees (1) he is acting outside the scope of his responsibilities, duties and association with SAE, (2) he accepts sole responsibility for his conduct, and (3) he admits SAE is not, and shall not be, considered legally liable or vicariously liable for his conduct.
3. Further the member agrees that , in the event SAE makes any payment upon a claim, is required to defend itself, or incurs any expense based upon the member engaging in the conduct and/or activities specifically enumerated below, the member shall fully cooperate with SAE in pursuing recovery under any policy of insurance available to the member. If no policy of insurance is available, the member shall indemnify SAE for all expenses, including attorney’s fees and costs, reasonably incurred by SAE.
THE FOLLOWING CONDUCT AND/OR ACTIVITIES EXPRESSLY FALL OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF A MEMBER’S RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND ASSOCIATION WITH SAE:
1. Any act by the member which constitutes a violation of any criminal or civil law in the state in which the act occurred.
2. Any act by the member which constitutes a violation of (a) SAE’s Fraternity Laws and/or Policies, (b) the Chapter Collegiate Bylaws, (c) the University Regulations and/or Policies governing student conduct where the Chapter is domiciled, and (d) the laws of the State where the Chapter is located.
3. Any act by the member which constitutes hazing as that term is defined by (a) SAE’s Fraternity Laws and/or Policies, (b) the Chapter Collegiate Bylaws, (c) the University Regulations and /or Policies governing student conduct where the Chapter is domiciled, and (d) the laws of the State where the Chapter is domiciled.
4. Any intentional conduct by the member which results in physical or mental injury or property damage.
5. Attendance or sponsorship of any event by member(s) of SAE, where (a) the event is not planned, promoted and approved by SAE at either the local or Fraternity level, (b) the event does not strictly conform with all of SAE written risk management policies governing the sale and/or distribution of alcohol, and (c) the event does not strictly conform with all the law of the State where the event was held.
6. Further the member and SAE agree that any provisions of this document which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability , without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof or affecting the validity or enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction . This document, including all matters of construction, validity and performance, shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to choice of law or conflicts of law provisions thereof. The member agrees to cooperate fully and execute any and all supplementary documents and to take all additional actions which may be necessary or appropriate to give full force and effect to the terms of this document.
As a member of SAE I understand this is a legally binding document. I warrant I have reached the legal age of majority in the State where this contract was executed. I further warrant I have the capacity to read and understand each and every provision of this document. Before signing, I have taken the opportunity to read the entire document and agree to its contents without objection or modification.
Signed Electronically Members Only Account Creation - to sign, please create a Members Only Account