EVANSTON, IL – The Supreme Council has approved the 2012-2013 risk-management billing allocation for our Sigma Alpha Epsilon chapters beginning this fall. The allocation model details all of the reductions and surcharges that can be assessed to the bill, including changes that have been made since last year. These details should give our members a realistic projection of the fees each chapter will pay next year.
The base fee of $340 per man is an estimate at this time, per the previous announcement. The final base fee will be announced as soon as it becomes available. For the purposes of demonstrating the allocation model and the reductions/surcharges, however, $340 is used as the base fee in these examples. Percentages for the reductions and surcharges are final and will not change.
Allocation Memo and Models
A PDF titled “2012-2013 Risk Management Billing Allocation” contains this important billing information. CLICK HERE to view it. You can also find it online in the members-only area of www.sae.net and in various core areas at www.thetgi.net.
As a resource, the Fraternity Service Center has maintained a Risk Management Calculator online that shows our members and advisers how different credits and surcharges can affect the risk-management fees. To access the calculator, CLICK HERE.
Action Items to Assist Chapters
Please note, our collegiate members can take six additional proactive steps toward reducing their risk-management fees for 2012-2013. Among the highlights:
- Chapters officers and advisers should verify their rosters by making sure they are accurate and up to date.
- Chapters members living in approved chapter housing may adopt alcohol-free housing to take advantage of a 25% reduction. To adopt alcohol-free housing, all members of the chapter who live in approved chapter housing must opt in using the “Alcohol-Free Housing” link in the members-only area of www.sae.net.
- Chapter officers and advisers may speak to their Regional Director to ensure they update their chapter advisers and advisory boards listed on file at the Fraternity Service Center.
- Chapters that submit a formal, written pledge program to the Fraternity Service Center, their Province Archon and their chapter advisory board will receive a 5% base reduction. The pledge program is due to the chapter’s Regional Director by Friday, August 3, in order to be reviewed and considered for the reduction. To see a list of criteria that will be used to evaluate the program, click HERE.
- Chapters that send three (3) or more members to the 77th John O. Moseley Leadership School will receive a 5% base reduction.
- A chapter that has a chapter house that has passed its most recent house inspection will receive a 10% base reduction in that year.