Job Posting: Chief Executive Officer/Eminent Supreme Recorder
EVANSTON, IL – Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity is the world’s largest collegiate fraternity by membership size and presently operates on 250 university campuses in the United States and Canada. We serve our 14,000 undergraduate members and 225,000 living alumni from our headquarters in Evanston, Illinois, through a paid staff of 38 and an annual operating budget of more than $7.5 million. Our nearly 2,000 active alumni volunteers serve in critical roles to support our Fraternity’s Mission, which is advancing the highest standards of friendship, scholarship, leadership and service for our members throughout life. Our Creed, “The True Gentleman,” is an essential component of who we are and is reflected in our Vision: True Gentlemen making our global community better.
Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity presently seeks a Chief Executive Officer (CEO), also known as our Eminent Supreme Recorder, for this full-time position based in Evanston, Illinois. In addition to being a member of our Fraternity, our next CEO must have a passion for our Mission and values as well as the skills required to inspire others in the same. He will have demonstrated success as a chief strategy officer for a mission-focused organization such as ours and a proven track record for successfully executing on strategic plans developed in collaboration with a board of directors. Moreover, he will have experience in recruiting, developing and leading a staff to execute on those strategic plans. As our CEO also serves as the lead ambassador with many different constituents and stakeholders, the successful candidate must also possess great communication skills, through both written words and public speaking.
- Serves as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity
- Establishes the Fraternity’s strategic direction; works with the Supreme Council to develop a strategic plan
- Recruits, develops, motivates and leads staff to advance the Fraternity’s Mission and strategic plan
- Fosters a high-performing, goal-oriented managerial team and engrains a customer-service culture
- Builds trust relations with key partners, stakeholders and donors, and supports the mission of the SAE Foundation and SAE Financial & Housing Corporation
- Serves as the primary spokesman for the Fraternity in all mediums
- Maintains keen awareness of the Fraternity’s industry and markets
- Consistently strives to enhance organizational value for our members, including program evaluation and elevation
- Promotes a success-oriented, accountable and ethical culture among employees and volunteers
- Manages the Fraternity’s insurance program and promotes health & safety policies with the General Counsel
- Works closely with the CFO to prepare and present annual budgets to the Supreme Council to enhance the overall financial health of the organization
- Facilitates the duties of the Supreme Council and regularly seeks its advice and counsel
- Performs the tasks as further assigned by the Supreme Council and prescribed by Fraternity Laws
- Member in good standing of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity
- Undergraduate degree; graduate-level degree in related field preferred
- Significant executive-level management and leadership experience
- Excels in recruiting and retaining talent and managing a team to perform at peak level
- Experience working with a board of directors and facilitating their corporate duties
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully develop, plan and implement short- and long-term goals consistent with an organization’s mission and strategic vision
- Self-motivated, results oriented and well-organized; excels in delegating tasks and meeting deadlines
- Experience with managing and successfully meeting corporate budgets
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents
- Excels at public speaking and writing for different audiences
- Proficient in marketing an organization and its services to others; fundraising experience preferred
- Experience as a professional or volunteer in Greek-letter life a plus
- A person of strong ethical character, respectful of persons of diverse backgrounds and beliefs
- Willingness to travel frequently and on overnight trips, including by airline and automobile
Selected candidates will be subject to a drug test and criminal and financial background check as a condition of employment.
The application deadline is March 1, 2017.
For a full job description, CLICK HERE.
To see a list of the ESR Search Committee members, CLICK HERE.
Please send résumé and letter of interest to:
E-mail responses are preferred.