The Crisis Series
Our Crisis Management Protocol can be found inside Minerva's Shield. A copy of the protocol should be posted in all chapter facilities, and then Eminent Archon and Risk Manager should have a copy readily available at all Sigma Alpha Epsilon events. Listed below are the steps to follow in case of an emergency.
You can also download a wallet card and poster for printing.
Steps to follow in case of an emergency:
- If anyone has been injured or is in danger of injury or loss of life, call 911. NEVER HESITATE TO CALL 911.
- The Eminent Archon (or officer next in line if the EA is not present) takes charge.
- Restrict access to the chapter house immediately.
- Permit only your members and appropriate officials to enter. Assign one or more responsible members to guard the door calmly.
- Do not tamper with any part of the area involved in the incident, specifically that which might be construed as evidence or involved with the incident.
- Call Associate Executive Director Jeff Hall at (847) 975-4331.
- Notify your chapter adviser and Province Archon.
- Assemble your members in a group (in case of fire, assemble outside in front, near the street). Remind members that only the EA or chapter adviser can speak for the Fraternity. Members are not to speak to anyone about the crisis.
- Do not discuss details, speculate on events or otherwise elaborate on the situation. Often, litigation follows crisis, and your statements could be used in court.
- Contact appropriate campus officials.
- Cooperate with appropriate authorities.
- Clothing or items with the Fraternity's name or letters should not be worn during the investigation period.
- Complete the Incident Report Form and submit within 24 hours of the incident. You can access this form at www.sae.net or thetgi.sae.net.
- No one should comment to the meida. Instead, media should be referred to Associate Executive Director Brandon Weghorst at (847) 513-3577.