The Levere Memorial Temple
The Temple is not only the home of the Fraternity Service Center, but also is a memorial to all SAEs who have lost their lives in war. The Temple is an architectural treasure and contains a specially-designed collection of Tiffany stained glass.
The Sigma Alpha Epsilon Foundation owns, operates and maintains the Levere Memorial Temple. This gothic style building was built in 1929-1930 to serve as a war memorial and administrative facility for the Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity and Sigma Alpha Epsilon Foundation.
The Temple not only houses the fraternity offices but many historical SAE treasures including the minutes from the first meeting of Sigma Alpha Epsilon, artifacts from fraternity founders and famous alumni. The Temple's collection also contains items with national and international importance such as a copy of the Nuremburg Chronicle and a painting of President William McKinley that is one of the few painted while he was in office.
Click here to learn more about visiting the Levere Memorial Temple.
The address to the Levere Memorial Temple is:
1856 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60201-3837
(847) 475-2250 (fax)